Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
“Mathair…..Mathair….It’s happened again.”
“What’s happened, Inion? Did you get in trouble for on-line stalking Alexander Skarsgard again?”
“They discontinued Chobani?”
“No! Wait… can they do that?!”
“You ripped your pants getting out of the Avalanche?”
“No…well…yeah, but that’s not what I’m talking about.”
“We’ve been nominated for another blog award?”
“Yes!” Inion sighs in exasperation. “Unbelievable as it seems, Inion N. Mathair has been nominated for another blog award, more specifically, The §isterhood of the Ѡorld Bloggers Award.”
“What is the §isterhood of the Ѡorld Bloggers Award?”
“Well, that’s a good question, Mathair. It’s an award passed from Sister-Blogger to Sister-Blogger; the idea being that you select someone you feel represents a ‘perfect-blogging-sister’. And let me tell you, good sisters are hard to find, so being nominated for this award is a great honor. Now, we must follow the stipulations that come with receiving the award.”
“Oh, let me guess what they are!”
Inion waits patiently, but has an edge of annoyance behind her stare as Mathair trails off the list. “If I were the sister of a sister, I’d want to be the best sister I could. So, I would…
1. Give my fellow sister a pint of Ben & Jerry's, chunky monkey or mint chocolate chip.
2. Give my fellow sister a shirtless picture of Tom Hardy, then-
(Inion: “Keep this PG, Mathair!”) (Mathair giggles mischievously.)
3. Give my fellow sister a bottle of fine red wine or any alcohol of her choice.
A glass of red wine
4. Give my fellow sister her favorite piece of literature.
A great Novel
Ah, Tom, vino, books, ice cream… now that’s a sister.” Mathair finishes with a satisfied grin.☺☺
“That actually does sound nice, but Ɲo. These are the Ԉeal stipulations for the §isterhood of the Ѡorld Bloggers Award:
1. You have to thank the person who nominated you. (After all, you wouldn’t have this without your amazing sister.)
2. You have to post 7 things about yourself that nobody knows. (Much like confiding in a sister.)
3. You have to nominate 7 others and let them know they’ve been nominated. (Pay it forward, sister.)
4. You have to include the award logo on your site.”
Mathair shrugs, “I like mine better.”
“So, let’s start this red carpet event with the first and most important stipulation, the person who nominated us for this wonderful award.”
Sister Jennifer M. Zeiger
For us that’s the amazing Jennifer M. Zeiger. For those of you that aren’t familiar with Jennifer, do yourself a favor and head on over to http://jenniferzeiger.com/ and check out her interactive story, Alosian Oasis and the new story, The Descendent Part One. Jennifer challenged her readers with Alosian Oasis to vote on the outcome. But, what is most evident in Jennifer’s blog, besides immense talent, is her unyielding support for her fellow writers. She is one of the kindest people we have met on this journey, and now that we have our sister thanked properly; allow us to continue with the 7 sisterly confessions.
1. I’ve had a crush on Gary Oldman♥ since I was ten years old, despite the slight age difference.
(Mathair coughs: “28 years!”) (Inion shushes her, “My turn.”)
2. I dream of moving to the Olympic Peninsula in Ⱳashington State, and unlike most fell in love with it pre-Twilight.
3. I love fall, more particularly love when I can take my laptop outside so I can drink in the crisp mountain air and cool breeze.
4. I was a boy band junkie in my preteens with a focused interest in NSync and more importantly Justin Timberlake. Mathair surprised me for my 13th birthday with tickets to go see them in concert, and with VIP seats no less.
5. I love wildflowers, or what most would consider weeds, and despise posh, extravagant bouquets. There’s just something so exquisite about a field of Brown↔Eyed Susies.
6. I have a strange pet peeve with feet. Although Mathair says I have beautiful feet, I can’t stand going barefoot and despise when people are barefoot around me.
7. I secretly wish I was Emma Thompson at which point I would lock myself inside an English cottage in the countryside and speak lines from Much Ado About Nothing and love myself forever and ever and ever- Okay, Mathair says I should stop.
1. I have a fear of biscuit cans. No, I don’t think they’ll sprout teeth, it’s the sound they make when opened. When I make canned biscuits, (which is crime in and of itself coming from the South), I make Inion open them & run outside so I can’t hear the pop.
2. I love winter. I mean…really, really, really, love winter, from the moment it starts until the day it leaves. When most are cursing the snow, iced bridges, outages, & overcast days, I relish in all of it & much like Frosty begin sweating when I see that thermometer gauge moving above 50°
3. I am a hardcore, borderline obsessive Ɲirvana fan. I love ♥ Қurt Cobain’s voice, grungy look, grungy clothes & crazy behavior, & I think he has the sexiest voice of any singer♫ ever! But, my lustful dreams go to Ɲirvana’s wild, drummer Ƿavid Grohl♥. Of course, that love only spans his grunge era. You know when he was 20 lbs soaking wet thanks to drugs & booze. I’ve warned Inion & my son that they should thank God everyday I was settled down with a family in the 90’s, because I would’ve definitely been a groupie for that band. Yes, cheapened into a life of being used as a tissue for those two boys…which would be completely disgusting & morally reprehensible. Damn, why did I have to do the whole family thing so early…
David Grohl drummer of Nirvana
4. I love combos & once drove eighty miles on a near empty tank of gas with Inion laughing at me, as I ran into the sixth convenient store of the day in a completely different state & shrieked at the clerk: “My God, woman! Do you have any combos?!” What made it all the more worse was that it was a man behind the counter.
5. I love poppies, & am so happy that Inion & I have managed to incorporate them into our new book, Nightwalkers: The Secret of Jessup. I’ve loved them from the first time I saw a field of poppies in The Wizard of Oz when I was eight years old.
6. I’m a Christmas freak ᶓ that’s all inclusive. My favorite colors are red and green, I love the smell of Christmas Trees, I love decorating, I’m obsessed with nutcrackers, I love the food that goes with Christmas, & found out only a few years ago that my name actually means Christmas Child. Buon Natale!
7. I was first runner up in the Ms. Bluecrab Festival & still have unresolved anger over not winning the crown. The actual winner (who will remain nameless) gave horrible answers during the Q&A portion & sabotaged most of the other girls’ performances with seedy & immature tactics. But, apparently money worked on the judges because she went home with the crown and the glory. I’m not bitter though…ten years of therapy later I’ve learned to lay these feelings down.
(Mathair: This is where I break for a moment & go punch a pillow for an hour.) (Inion laughs: “And, people say I have anger issues.”)
As usual, Inion N. Mathair’s posts are twice as long due to the fact that there are two of us, but we’re not quite through just yet. Hang in there, sisters. We promise there’s an end in sight. Choosing our nominees for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award was a precarious thing because Inion N. Mathair has met so many wonderful ladies out there in the blogosphere. It would’ve taken all day & an endless list, but there can only be seven. So, we decided on the women that have been the most supportive, & have not only read & commented, but listened when we needed an ear & more importantly been a friend to Inion N. Mathair when we weren’t the easiest to be friendly with.
►And, the nominees are: (note: we’ve paired each nominee with a pair of famous sisters to show the special relationship we have with each lady.)
1. Lisa & Maggie Simpson: The Simpson kids have been keeping us in stitches for over ten years while never forgetting to be loyal to each other. Millions of viewers have tuned in each week to these sisters, wishing they had a family that cool while utilizing their humor to make their family life better. And though it may be a dysfunctional perspective, they’ve taught us to value family & how to laugh.
The first nominee is brand new to our site, but holds the love of a real sister & shows the support that family should. The sister that initiates a pillow fight then eats ice cream with you until midnight as you laugh your asses off while sharing secrets. The kind of sister that will always have your back, & make life just a little bit more bearable with her sick sense of humor and ability to stay true to herself. Therefore, earning her place in our heart & as our number one pick; Sister #1 is… BETH TELIHO. You can find her at: http://bethteliho.wordpress.com/
2. The Heart Sisters Ann & Nancy Wilson: Veterans of rock, their bad ass, beautiful & talented to boot, and constantly kicking ass & taking names.
The second nomination goes to a lady that picked us up, brushed us off & took our hand, guiding us through blogging school while fending off the crazy bullies, & showed us that life is much better when you’re laughing at the malfunctions of the universe. Let’s give her credit where credit is due, it is the Crazy Chick herself & Sister #2, LAFEMME ROAR. http://lafemmeroar.wordpress.com/
3. The Hilton Sisters Paris & Nicky: Posh, trendy, beautiful & downright sexy. These are sisters you want to emulate. A sister you want to hang with, sit back & have mimosas’ while having your nails done.
The third nominee wasn’t a hard name to find. Matter of fact, this lady has done everything, but give us a detailed map of our reproductive system. All the while showing us that knowledge is power & knowing yourself is the greatest gift a woman can possess. You girls know the kind of sister we’re talking about. The kind of kick ass sis that teaches you how to dress, let’s you borrow her heals, & then shows you how to walk in them. Let’s give a shout out to Sister #3: AUGUST MCLAUGHLIN http://augustmclaughlin.wordpress.com/
4. Laura & Mary Ingalls/Little House on the Prairie: Beautiful, intelligent, loyal & strong, these two sisters will always be there for you, no matter rain, sleet, snow or hail. They’ve gone through all the Wild Plains had to offer & still found the time to skip through the field hand in hand.
The next sister needs no introduction as she’s adored by all in the blogosphere. She’s all about family & makes that all to clear in her beautiful stories. Her loyalty to the networking community is admirable & her tender posts will reach in & touch your heart. If you haven’t had a chance to meet Sister #4, Ms. DARLA MCDAVID then head on down to her blog for some Afternoon Tea, http://darsba.wordpress.com/
5. Violet & Sunny Baudelaire/Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events: This dark adventure shows how a sister can be motherly and do whatever it takes to defend her sister.
Number five doesn’t need a trophy to know how to treat a sister & boy does this sister watch our back. We met her shortly after starting our blog, when we wrote a post over our insecurity of being new writers in a sea of millions. Expressing concern to her over Inion’s reclusive behavior & how we weren’t likely to win a popularity contest, she reminded us to stay true to ourselves & keep it all about the passion for the craft. We salute you, Sister #5, ALARNA ROSE GRAY http://alarnarosegray.com/
6. The Fanning Sisters/Dakota & Elle: These blonde cherubs have conquered Hollywood with their angelic faces & tender hearts. Unable to feel anything but love for these two, they’re soft spoken, understated appeal finds away into your heart & never falter.
Our next sister is too beautiful to be a middle sister, too nurturing to be a little sister & too cool to be an older sister. Her blog inspired us long before we knew the lady & to this day keeps inspiring us by raising the bar a little higher. She’s the sister with the heart of gold that you aspire to emulate, but still knows how to make you feel good about yourself. Without further ado, we give you Sister #6 COLEEN PATRICK. http://coleenpatrick.com/
7. The Bennet Sisters/Elizabeth & Jane: These sisters of Pride & Prejudice clearly know how to treat a sister, even against an overbearing mother & an unforgiving era. It’s a relationship of giving without taking as they both uplift each other in their times of need.
The last slot we saved for a very special sister; a sister who loves unconditionally; who doesn’t look at your faults, inexperience or the fact that you’re virtually unknown. Instead, she brings you in & tells you that you’re special. What would we do without sisters like that? She’s the selfless sister, always looking out for her sibling rather than herself. So to you, ARLENE LUGO, our Sister #7, we nominate you for the §isterhood of the World Bloggers Award. http://writingpiecesofme.wordpress.com/
We hope you all take a moment to congratulate eachother & be sure to have a virtual drink on us! And for those visiting who haven’t had the pleasure of meeting these tremendous ladies & phenomenal Authors/Writers; We hope you take the time to swing by their blog & get to know them, while enjoying their addictive writing styles. They are the finest ladies we’ve had the pleasure of meeting & we are truly honored to call them friends & now… sisters. Congrats!